Monday, June 8, 2009

scooter

Well, i found out last week that I got Approved for a new scooter from American Mobility. They are great, and really worked hard to get me a scooter. It arrived and the First thing a did was talk me 4 dogs for a walk with Laura...I always wanted to walk my dogs, but never could...so It felt great!! Some neighbors saw me, and I was a little embarresed, but I had to just smile and swallow my pride. Then , this weekend i got to go to the field my nephew plays baseball at, which i could never do before b/c of the long walk, and I hung out with my nephews and brother and sister-in-law...It was great.. I also went to the mall too...people stared, probably wondering why I, a young girl who Looks ok sitting down, was in an electric scooter, but i just smiled:) Thank you american mobility, and susan christy from Bryn Mawr Rehab. in Malvern, pa. for all your hard work in getting me this life-changing scooter!!!! I can't wait to see the world!

4 comments:

  1. I can't wait to do all of things we are going to do! Especially walk the dogs together... Maybe one day the pup de pia will even come with us if she gets over her fear of the outside world. I'm so proud of you! A-Liver Juice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. By reading the title of this post I initially thought you were going to blog about Sarah's cat! Love, man de ia

    ReplyDelete
  3. forget the stares...or revel in them...for they do see you...a young girl..who looks BEAUTIFUL sitting down(and standing up too)You may think "I should be walking"...but many of them are thinkin...dang she's hot...and yet some may just be thinking.."cool scooter"...never know..lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. was it a long process and are there income limits. Just wondering how hard it is to get one?

    ReplyDelete